Saturday, March 22, 2008


So you'd think that with a 2-1/2 year old little girl, dying Easter eggs would be a total blast for me. Well, I officially discovered my CONTROL FREAK side this afternoon. After she awoke from her nap, my husband and I took her into the backyard where a table was set up with cups full of different color dyes. The eggs had been hardboiled or hollowed out and her canvas awaited her. She was THRILLED! She loved to dump them in the cup. Unfortunately (for me, not her) she was not patient enough to let them get a good soak and soon, she'd be pulling them out ... too early for mommy. My husband was wonderful with her and kept reminding me that "she's only 2!" Try as I may, I couldn't help getting frustrated. She'd pick up the wet eggs, put already colored eggs into a new color, thus creating a yucky mix, let the hollow ones slip accidentally leading them to break, etc. etc. etc. It was too much for me. I hope I didn't ruin the experience for her. She seemed to enjoy it the whole time. Sadly I think I ruined it for me though. Well, I guess there's always next year. I can't wait for tomorrow when she gets to search for all the goodies the Easter Bunny will bring her (Curious George, the movie, new sunglasses, new swim goggles, new Minnie Mouse and Cinderella big girl panties, and a few pieces of candy). Happy Easter!!!!

No comments: