Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Life saver!



Wow! My little 2.5 month old can howl! I believe she's a bit collicky. And wouldn't you know it, pediatricians don't really have any remedies. Which left me to the internet. I read about something called Gripe Water. It didn't sound very appealing despite the fact that it's all natural. I held off on buying it. Then a friend recently mentioned to me that she uses it with her son who is about 2 weeks younger than my daughter. Knowing that made me more comfortable. So on Saturday (after spending Friday night saying to my daughter, "What's wrong with you?!"), I caved and went down to my local CVS. I picked up the Little Tummies brand of Gripe Water and went home. That night she started acting up after being fed, changed, and walked and bounced as much my poor back could take. So we gave her a teaspoon of this stuff and it was a miracle. Within minutes, she was relaxed and then asleep. I was so relieved but then a little concerned about what they put in this stuff. Again I went to the internet and was calmed when I found this site. So far I have only used it twice. It's worked both times. My intention is to only use it when nothing else works. Though I can see how tempting it would be to use any time I want to get something done. But that would be wrong. Anyways, I strongly recommend this stuff to anyone with an overly fussy baby.




2 comments:

pj said...

what ever works for you momma...you have your gripe water and i had the boobie. lol!!! anyways just wanted to let you know that i picked up those pencil boxes at staples and i absolutely LOVE it. are u sure these weren't made specifically for these.ha.ha.ha {{peej}}

Jennifer Priest said...

oh my gosh- I wish I had known about this--wow! Boobie...PJ cracks me up. I would totally use gripe water --man!! Glad it worked out for you!!! And she is adorable too--don;t remember if I told that...

Also, in Aug Chris and Brandon (ppl your hubby is friends with from high school) are having a get together in Long Beach. Are you going? We will be there!