Monday, September 1, 2008

Good to be back?

I got back yesterday from a scrap weekend. Some friends of mine from the scrapbooking store rented a cabin in the mountains for the weekend. It was such a great time! This place is set up for scrappers. It sleeps 12 people (only 10 of us went) and has a pretty nice sized scrap room. For a small extra fee, the owner will make all your meals for the weekend.

I brought up so much stuff and actually used a lot of it. I feel like I got a lot done, though not as much as I had hoped. We all stayed up late, watched chick flick after chick flick, chatted, and ate way too much food. It was great! And the best part was I could leave my scrap stuff out without fear of the kiddos getting into it and I didn't have to worry about other tasks such as preparing dinner, changing diapers, doing laundry, etc. I feel a little guilty admitting I enjoyed myself as much as I did. Of course I missed my babes and am happy to be home, but those selfish few days I took are just what I needed. Here's some pics of what I accomplished. Finally proof that I do indeed scrapbook!!!!

This one is showcasing Makaela's furious temper. She gets this from me. In our family, it's called the Kemper Temper. Kemp is my maiden name.


This one shows off Hannah's silly personality. It's hard to tell in the picture but both pages are backed by acetate, hence the floating look.

Makaela's binky. I still need to do a page showing the pile of all the other pacifiers I tried before coming across this Soothie one. Thank goodness she'll take it. I would die without it.

My two precious girls together. I love this paper. I got it from Stampin Up.


Hannah will officially kill me someday for this layout. But Joel captured the picture and I just had to do something with it. My creative daugher pulled her Barbie Powerwheels car (didn't you always want one of those?) up behind her potty seat so she could lean back on it. Then she gathered a bunch of books and her water cup and sat down to do her business. The journaling reads: "every man's dream; a reclining toilet; good reading material; a cold beverage; comfort of your own room"

But hopefully she'll forgive me after seeing this layout. That's a Technique Tuesday frame I have been dying to use ever since I went to CHA Anaheim earlier this year and saw a layout with these things.


Little Makaela when she's not mad.

Hannah and her "princess hair" ... our trial run for Uncle D's wedding. She was a flower girl.

Another great shot of Hannah up at Lola and Papa's house. It discusses her LOVE of kitties. I used these doodling templates called Scribbles. I really liked this and will need to pick up some of my own. Thanks Lizette for sharing.

3 comments:

Jennifer Priest said...

Wow!!! You really did get ALOT done!! How fun!

emnewlean said...

WOW! Great job on the scrapbook pages! I think I need to hire you to do my scrapbooks. :) Sounds like you had a fun and productive weekend.

Mary

pj said...

i'm so jealous...u got alot done. ask anyone around me when i crop i don't get anything done!!! i'm just so excited to be out of the house by myself that i just enjoy doing NOTHING. sometimes I make something most of the times not but just enjoy all the adult company. we'll have to crop sometime maybe i'll be motivated to make something. LOL!!!