Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Where does the time go?!!!!

I say that more with frustration than anything else. I know I posted about the awesome kit I received and that I couldn't wait to work on it. Guess how much time I have spent on it. Yep, you guessed it. Zip! Zilch! Nada! None! I hear it calling to me, and I have to ignore it. Why? Life, that's why. I love my life. Wouldn't change much about it if given the opportunity, but man does it really get in the way of my fun! This was my day yesterday.

Get up
Get girls fed, dressed, and teeth brushed
Feed dogs - have to stand outside while they eat because one won't eat if alone
Pack Hannah's lunch for pre-school
Clean Hannah's sharing toy and write name on it
Take Hannah to school
Go to Bed Bath & Beyond for ironing board cover and Brita cartridges
Go to Babies R Us for diapers and wipes (thinking I had coupon but didn't)
Grab a quick bite to eat (notice there was no breakfast for mommy up there)
Pick Hannah up from school
Go to Ikea for teacher thank you gift materials
Go to pediatrician for Makaela's vaccinations
Drop borrowed item off at scrapbooking store
Head for home
Research dentists in our plan
Throw laundry in washer and dryer
Go outside and brush dogs, play with dogs, sweep back patio, pick up dog poop, feed dogs, pour sand in sand box
Fold laundry
Feed kids dinner
Bathe kids
Vaccum upstairs
Bedtime milk for kids
Pajamas, teeth brushing, read books w/ kids
Let dogs inside for some indoor time and pets
Put dogs outside and finally begin on the teacher projects @ 11Pm
Bedtime 1AM (notice no dinner for mommy)

My day today:
Wake up
Put indoor dog outside with other dog
Sweep and mop kitchen and dining room floors
Vaccum rest of downstairs
Get girls up
Get morning milk for girls
Get myself ready for work
Do dishes
Warm up clothes that sat in dryer overnight (never got to folding them)
Feed dogs (have to stand outside for that)
Leave for work
That's where I am now - shame on me to be doing this now!
When I get home:
throw new dog in car and take to vet (we "rescued" him from my mom recently)
Pick up pizzas on way home for dinner
Pick up chocolate sauce for H's ice cream party tomorrow
Rush back home for sibling dinner at my house
Eat dinner
Tend to dogs
Get girls in bed
Finish teacher gifts
Hopefully be in bed by midnight (we'll see)

So that's why I haven't gotten to my kit yet. Maybe by the end of this weekend I can tackle some of it. At least I am getting to scrap a bit with the teacher gifts. We'll see how cool those come out. I am liking them so far and you can be sure I will post pictures.

I have not forgotten that I owe you pictures of the layouts I did for Makaela's birthday party and her banner. Unfortuantely, I turned the layouts into the store without taking pictures so you'll have to stop by to see those. The banner is in a pile on my desk and I just need to string it up to take a picture of it. I made some thank you notes for Makaela's party a few weeks back that I need to snap a picture of. Then I think I will be caught up. I sure wish I could find more time to scrapbook. All the blogs I read (see left for list) seem to be posting things each day. How do they do it?

Oh well. Thanks for listening to me vent. It's a good life but a busy one. No signs of it slowing down for the next 17 years at least. I think I am going to look into taking a week off in August. From work and mothering. Well you never take a break from mothering, but grandparents are great for giving a less crazy week from time to time.

No comments: