Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wilton, are you looking for a new spokeswoman?


Ummm ... I think I have a problem. I have recently accumulated quite a bit of Wilton baking supplies. But it's not my fault. I have to make a princess castle birthday cake. No, not because Hannah begged me to. She could care less. Because I decided I HAD to make it. I am gearing up for the process. I have watched enough of those cake shows and Food Network Challenges to have this in the bag. I think. The plan as of now is to make the cakes tomorrow evening. Then Friday night I will begin the assembly. Haven't decided yet if I will assemble the whole thing here or put the finishing touches on the cake when we get to my dad's. I am just hoping and praying that after all the materials I have purchased, that I will be able to turn out a nice looking cake. You can see what the finished product is supposed to look like in the box there.

Step 1: tint fondant and cut out 300+ mini flowers
Step 2: after flowers dry, pipe a flower center into middle of each flower
Step 3: bake the cakes
Step 4: Attach dowels to towers with melted chocolate
Step 5: frost cakes and insert dowels
Step 6: stack cakes
Step 7: decorate cake with various colors of royal icing

That is the super simple breakdown. Some of the instructions read like a manual for assembling some sort of huge toy or something.
You can be absolutely 100% sure that if it looks OK, I will post 101 pictures of it on this blog. Hopefully I will remember to take some of my darling little 4 year old as well.

2 comments:

emnewlean said...

Wow!! Looks complicated. Good Luck! I get to do a Toy Story themed cake for Casey's 4th birthday coming up in a couple of months, but it won't be anything this intense. :)

Kristi said...

I TOTALLY understand...I've amassed quite a collection too, but you have a better excuse! I've just been getting a million random Halloween molds! :) The cake turned out GORGEOUS by the way!

P.S. I found your blog from your FB page...love it! :)