Sunday, October 4, 2009

SUCCESS!!!!

As promised, if I thought the cake turned out OK, I would post pictures. So here it goes ...

Ta da!


Let the singing commence!

Make a wish and blow!

Who wants cake?

When I first began frosting the cake, I thought to myself, "This is not going to be fun!" And the "why do I always do this to myself" thoughts began flooding in. But after I got the cakes themself to an acceptable point, the rest was fun. Time consuming of course, but fun. When Hannah saw it in the morning (as assembled as it was going to get before transporting it to the party site), she said, "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Is that my castle cake, Mom?!" That was enough for me. But to add to my glory, another sweet almost 4 year old friend of Hannah's said to me, "That was the best cake I have ever had!" I would do it again in a heartbeat.
I am so glad to have the party behind us. It's been an exhausting birthday week for this family. We did Build-a-Bear and Disneyland on Thursday. Then the party of Saturday. Today I allowed myself to do pretty much nothing. Feels good!

3 comments:

Jennifer Priest said...

Wow--that is a gorgeous cake!!!

Leianna... said...

I think your cake turned out
wonderful.....great job.

simply susan said...

What a masterpiece Krista!You are so creative and a wonderful Mom!