Thursday, December 24, 2009

December Daily 23

Kind of a crazy day.
Work of course.

A quick last minute Christmas shopping trip on the way home.

Got home and rushed to get the girls bundled up for the Chino Hills Boat parade. I thought it started at 6:00PM so it was quite the ordeal to get us all ready and out of the house. Joel was going to go but got home from work as I was literally pulling out of the driveway. So he stayed back to do some shopping of his own. We got prime parking and spots at the parade. I realized the reason for this was that the parade didn't start until 7:00PM. Considering the girls didn't have dinner yet, they did spledidly well. We watched a long line of trucks pulling boats all decked out in Christmas lights, blow up characters, speakers blasting music, and kids tossing candy to all the parade viewers. I am not sure how I feel about the candy tossing thing. We got surrounded by two familes with kids in the 8 and up range and they completely jumped in front of Hannah as she tried to snag a few pieces for herself. I finally pulled her back in and told her not to worry about it. That we had better candy at home. Not very comforting for a little girl who wants to be part of the fun. Fortunately the family to our left opened their hearts and began to share their candy with us.

An example of one of the boats ...

Sitting patiently, waiting for the parade to begin ...


Being cute ...


All of us huddled up waiting for the parade ...


Then we met Joel at Toys R Us (crazy to go here two days before Christmas!) so the girls could each pick out a gift for the other. By this time Makaela was done! She was throwing the biggest fits and trying my patience to the BITTER end. Yes, the Grinch made another appearance. I finally carried her out of the store screaming with Hannah in tow. Joel heard us the whole way as he stood in line to pay. The night didn't get better as I got to the car and couldn't find me keys. I was so frustrated at this point. I had felt in all my pockets twice, had dumped my purse on the parking lot floor, and was moaning, "I'm going to cry! I can't believe this! I'm going to cry!" Hannah just looked at me and matter of factly said, "Well cry then!" :) I finally found my keys, in my pockets, burried beneath piles of candy from the parade. {sigh} We made it home safely, got the girls fed and in bed, and then I wrapped a few presents in front of the ever calming TV.

No comments: