Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hair Thingy Box


I don't know what else to call this thing. But it works like a charm. Having two girls means having lots of hair clips, hair elastics, head bands, brushes, combs, etc. I was getting very irritated having them all in a messy pile on the counter (their bathroom does not have drawers). I had purchased a drawer kit from Ikea ages ago thinking I would use it for scrap supply storage. (can't come up with a link to it, but I think they're FIRA and I am sure they're still in the store - I hope so). Never happened. Finally this idea struck me and I am so pleased with how it turned out. I used BoBunny's Alissa collection for this. My Silouette helped me to print and cut the drawer labels. The black swirls of crystals are from Prima.

To adhere everything, I used Mod Podge in matte. There were a few places where it bubbled. Then miraculously, when it was completely dry, the bubbles were gone. There were also a few places where it bubbled and dried bubbled. Of course that would be on the very top. {sigh} Oh well.



2 comments:

Melissa said...

Gorgeous! The beads are magnificent and the papers are amazing!! Really great job!!

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

So cute! We could really use this at our house. Thanks for your recent comment. I am so glad you were able to make the cookie dough truffles and that they were such a huge success!