Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Could it be?

Yes! It's something scrappy. A little card I threw together this morning for my darling God Daughter's 2nd birthday. I was feeling terrible that I hadn't done this earlier. Like I was slighting her by waiting til the last minute. But honestly, I love this card! I think it turned out rather well. I love the chunky German glass glitter! (sorry about the poor quality iPhone photo)
In other news, I won a contest being held over on Shannon Tidwell's blog. If you have not checked her out for scrapbooking inspiration, you need to! She is so very clever! But the contest was for a spot in Journal Your Christmas being run over at Shimelle.com. I am really looking forward to this. I'm hoping to be able to record some wonderful memories.
Today is the first day and she posted this Christmas manifesto she created.
I love all of it except for the "write real Christmas cards" part. What does that mean? Sit and write a special message to each recipient? If I did that, perhaps I might finish our cards by Christmas next year! As it is, I am supposed to hand make my cards, but I don't think that will happen. Sorry! Anyways, I really need to focus on the capture the magic part. Let's just say the Christmas spirit was not exactly with me as I raced around town cursing all of the "dumb" drivers around me. And of course cursing the world when I pulled into the gas station only to get out and realize that the tank was on the wrong side. How long have I been driving this car? A year and a half you say? Well certainly this is not my fault. The world is against me I tell you. {sarcasm}

No comments: