Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Echo Park Love

So Echo Park is a really neat up and coming scrapbook company. With each release, I think I fall more and more in love with their product. I had the privilege to be at CHA and see this line called "Little Girl" and put it on my keep-an-eye-out-list. About a month ago I heard an episode of Paperclipping Roundtable (love this weekly podcast!) and one of the guests selected this line called "Dots and Stripes Candy Shoppe" as her pick of the week. Ironically, a guest the very next week picked it as well. When I Googled it, I think I began to drool. I need to assess my scrapbooking budget very soon.

Anyways, several weeks ago I got my hands on the Life Documented 12x12 Collection Kit by Echo Park. I was totally drawn to the vibrant colors with yet an aged look. And I loved that the focus of this line was about memory keeping/recording. Lots of journaling spots, date stickers, quotes about life, etc.

So when I happened upon this contest, so to speak, on Echo Park's blog, I knew I had to get busy. And it wasn't hard at all. I dug through my photo collection with no real picture or direction in mind. Just a mission to create three layouts. Below is what I came up with. And at this moment I would like to thank my husband for putting up with my absence over the weekend as I retreated to my scrapbook room.

DADDY, HELP layout


This layout came together fairly quickly. I selected one of the 12x12 patterned pieces as my background. Then filed through all of the other patterned papers and cut out sentiments they had preprinted for me. The pink "life documented" piece, the green "today" bingo card, and the green and orange journaling pieces were all part of larger pieces of 12x12 paper. Every other accent is a sticker. I inked all the paper pieces, adhered them down, added the stickers and there you go.

This shot shows a little of the dimension I added with popdots. I matted that heart sticker with brown cardstock and then popped up the “100% real” sticker.


Supplies:
From the Life Documented Collection
Background piece – 100% real life
Pink “life documented” piece – 4x4 quotes & 6x8 photo mat elements
Green “today” bingo card – 4x6 vertical journaling card elements
Green journaling tag – flash cards
Orange journaling tag - 4x6 monthly journaling card elements #2
from sticker sheet: brown swirls, polka dot heart, green and orange label stickers, “100% real”, rectangular heart, and letters.
Other
Brown cardstock mat for heart – Bazzill

LOVE YOU layout


This layout uses Echo Park's "A Walk In the Life" collection. I trimmed the floral bakground 12x12 piece down to 11x11 and stitched it to a white cardstock background. Then I was pleasantly surprised to find that Echo Park has partnered with Silhouette America and they are now carrying several designs that I can cut out with my electronic die cutting machine (Silhouette). Sweet! So I chose the clouds and the antique frame pieces to cut. Then I simply layered everyting, adhered it all, stuck my photos on top and began to embellish. The "love you" and journaling piece are again part of a larger 12x12 sheet that I cut out by hand. I rounded the corners of each piece. Finally I went to my flower stash and stacked a bunch together with a brad.

In this shot you can see how I popped up the front cloud.


Supplies:
From A Walk In the Park collection
Yellow paper – Element Card Paper
Green paper – Playful Stripes
Turquoise paper – Blissful Day Border
Daisy Background paper – Mother Nature
“Love you” and journal tag – Element Card Paper
Other
White cardstock – Bazzill
Flowers – Prima, Petaloo, and Queen & Co.
Brad – misc.

LIFE IS SWEET layout


This is the most favorite layout I did of the three!

To start out, I used an old Heidi Swapp mask and Glimmer Misted that pink heart onto some cream cardstock. I then hand cut the pennant border pieces out of a 12x12 patterned paper sheet along with the "life is sweet" piece. I rounded the corners of that piece, added some turquoise stitching underneath the sentiment and then traced a line of glue around the pink frame and added some sparkly pink glitter. While that was drying, I went to the sticker sheet that came in the kit and selected words that would compliment my journaling. In order to get the journaling to look right, I used a light pencil first. Then I went over it again with my black pen and erased the pencil lines. This allowed me to make sure I left enough room for my sticker words. I also used that long scalloped border piece from the sticker sheet and backed it with a pink piece of cardstock. Once all the paper pieces were put on I found some coordinating buttons, threaded them with embroidery floss and slapped them on. As you now know, not a ton of product was used, but I think it all came together to create a big impact.


Supplies:
From Life Documented collection
“life is sweet” piece – 4x4 quotes and 6x8 photo mat elements
Pennant pieces – Life Is Good
From sticker sheet – words, scalloped border, and heart under pink button
Other
Pink cardstock – Bazzill
Cream cardstock background – Bazzill
Buttons – misc
Embroidery floss – misc
Glitter – Mark Enterprises
Pink Mist – Glimmer Mist

No comments: